Tomato Fried Egg



Components: Egg and Tomato
Location: Home

For those who don't know, this is a very traditional and basic Chinese dish made from Tomato, Eggs and a few simple ingredients. Why did I choose to write about it? Well, not only did I make it for lunch today but also because this dish has a personal meaning.
To begin, I do not eat tomatoes. I can sometimes tolerate them in Guacamole, Pico de Gaio and some sandwiches (if in small amount) but I cannot simply eat plain, raw, icky tomatoes. I absolutely hate their taste and texture! Back at home, when my mom used to make this dish for dinner, I would pic out the tomatoes and only eat the eggs. Yuck! 
The weirdest thing is, however, the moment I started cooking my own food in college, I started craving this dish. The taste was somehow associated with the feeling of home, family and motherly love and I guess cooking this dish was a way to bring those old memories of home closer to me.
This happens to be though, the only 'type' of tomatoes I eat, i.e. cooked tomatoes, and that is why its so special to me :D

Ingredients: (for one person)
  • 1 tomato
  • 1 garlic
  • 1egg
  • hondashi
Steps:
  1. Mince the garlic into tiny pieces and throw it into the pan after heating the oil.
  2. When the garlic is slightly golden, throw in the tomatoes.
  3. Stir fry tomatoes till they get mushy and the juice has come out (optional)
  4. Slightly beat the egg and add some Hondashi to it, then pour into pan with tomatoes. 
  5. Add just a tiny bit of salt and sugar.
  6. Stir until egg is cooked and serve on a bed of rice.
It's easy, fast and healthy! :)

Comments

Popular Posts