Capricciosa Pizza


My Rating: *****
Ingredients: Tomato Sauce, Ham, Egg, Pepperoni Sausage, Mushrooms, Mozzarella, Olives.
Location: 15 Gloucester Rd, London SW7 4PP
Website:  http://www.damario.co.uk/#


Located in the second most expensive living areas of London (the cars around the neighbourhood show its status), Da Mario is quite the location to have a casual meal with friends. With a friendly and rather cheerful setting, the Italian restaurant offers a selection of Salads, Pastas and Individual Pizzas. Recommended by a friend to have the pizza instead of the pasta, I chose the Capricciosa, which caught my attention because it contained eggs. I guess it reminded me of the "Portguesa" pizza we have back in Brazil, one of my favourites. 


This Pizza is just delicious, with its VERY thin crust, it is very easy to handle with utensils. The blending of the tomato sauce together with Mozzarella's and Pepperoni's oil, creates an infusion of tomato with pepperoni essence, making the pizza slightly salty, yet it only takes a piece of the crust to create just the right balance of flavour. The egg, even though not spread out all over the pizza is always a surprise ingredient to have in one of your pizza bites. Since I don't like olives, I took them out before eating, but the oil and slight tinge of flavour it usually leaves behind is always part of eating experience. 


The pizza is pretty similar to the pizzas in Brazil, which opposite to the regular pizza's in the Unites States, contains a thinner crust, therefore absorbing less of the tomato sauce and making the pizza more juicy and tasty. Definitely a place to check out when visiting London. 

Comments

  1. comi pizza ontem! hmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh god! I remember those good ol' days in London. I hope you're having a blast! Meanwhile, I am really (no joke) thoroughly enjoying the peace here in Boston. <3 Turning 21 in less than 24 hours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. DEEELIIIIICIAAAA

    jew, c sabe que eu virei vegetarian, né?
    c pode me ajudar achar alguns quando tivermos em ny?

    beijosssssssss
    amo seu blog!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts