Dubu Kimchi Jaeyook Bokum



First of all, I hope I wrote the name correctly, second: I MADE IT MYSELF! :) It was a slight failure as it came out a little to salty but I think I know what I have to do next time. The Kimchee taste wasn't too strong, so perhaps I should put it in first and let it stir fry till all the water comes out..hmmm. 


For the non asians, this is a Korean dish made with stir fried pork and Kimchee with tofu on the side. It is best with soft and silky tofu, but I had to deal with whatever I had in the fridge. 


Steps:


  1. Minced garlic and cut thin slices of onion.
  2. Took out some of the fat on the pork (there was far too much, but definitely have to leave some for taste and texture).
  3. Mixed it together in a container with Gojujang (Red Pepper paste) and let it sit there for a little.
  4. Put some oil in the pan (should I use sesame oil next time?)
  5. Tipped the juicy pork with gojujang, garlic and onions. (Maybe I should put the kimchee first next time?)
  6. Put a chunk of kimchee and started stirring. 
  7. To enhance flavor I added a tiny bit of salt, sugar, rice vinegar and a tiny bit of Dashida ( Beef stock?)
  8. Add some tofu slices on the side. I like tofu so I put extra, but usually when you order it outside, there are just a few slices and MUCH MORE pork and kimchee!
For professionals at this dish...please don't laugh if my ingredients are a little funny!! I cooked with my own instincts (and for the first time). If there is something missing...please let me know :)

Ok..back to studying for midterms.

Comments

  1. pei, vc é mto talentosa! vc vai ser uma caterer de sucesso!! hahaah

    ReplyDelete
  2. helloooooooooooooo! what is jaeyook? i've never heard of it. i lahv you! ps. i really like this. my mom usually makes it without the gogi .. just kimchi bokum and tofu on the side.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts