Chipotle Barbacoa Burrito


Ingredients: rice, black beans, barbacoa, corn medium spicy salsa, red pepper extra hot sauce, cheese and lettuce.
Overall rating: ****
Location: 876 Commonwealth Av. Boston, MA. 

So this no novelty, but I thought I should post it up due to my inexplicable passion for Burritos. A Chipotle opened up on campus yesterday (they were giving out free burritos 11am to 8pm), so I decided to go there for lunch.
One thing I figured, is that it is SO HARD to take a good picture of something as disgusting (yet so yummy) as a bitten burrito. I think I took ten shots or so before I decided to post this one up (my second shot -_-).


Anyway, it was my first time having the Barbacoa burrito and I have to say, I recommend to those who are looking for a tinge of spice and softness in their beef. I have only had the Chipotle Chicken and Steak burritos before which aren't bad, but the Barbacoa definitely brings out a different texture, though obviously its more oily. To enhance the flavour and the whole burrito "experience", I would suggest you to put both the Corn salsa and the red pepper hot sauce. Since the corn is sweet, it adds a crisp and fresh feel to the surrounding mushy rice, soft beans and molten cheese.  To make it even better, add the Rapalenos Tabasco sauce...a mild spicyness with a twist.


I don't think I could ever rate Chipotle burritos as five stars though.For the big fans out there I am sorry but I personally think Anna's Taqueria is MUCH better. The rice and beans at Chipotle don't seem to have much seasoning, while Anna's bring out a more authentic Mexican flavour and feel. Furthermore, the whole feeling of sitting in a Anna's and Chipotle is definitely different too. At Anna's you are helped by a spanish speaking community surrounded by exotic mexican music but in Chipotle you are sitting down listening to American country songs (at least thats what was playing today). The whole feeling and satisfaction after eating is just different.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts